Financial Accountant - Corporate Banking
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Groups statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Corporate Banking incorporates all the Group's corporate banking, specialised acquisition & leveraged finance, and large transaction property lending, across the Republic of Ireland, UK and international jurisdictions.
The Corporate Finance Team is responsible for the overall finance, accounting & reporting performance and practices across the Division. This involves working collaboratively with each of the Business Units to ensure the planning and oversight of effective monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning processes.
Purpose of the Role
Corporate Banking Financial Control acts as a principal point of contact between the Finance Commercial Partner team and Finance Services ('FS'). It leads the responsibility in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and to high standards of accuracy.
The role is part of Corporate Banking Financial Control within Finance Services.
The role holder has responsibility in the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information to support effective decision making and review. In addition it is expected that the role holder will drive the roll out of best practice in process improvement and systems enhancement.
- Management of the month end close process for the Corporate Banking, ensuring that underlying processes, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Responsibility for the leasing entities within Corporate Banking, including assisting in the production of the statutory accounts.
- Responsibility for the delivery of statutory financial statements and the facilitation of the audit and tax review process for Corporate Banking subsidiaries.
- Review and analysis of the monthly postings made by Corporate Banking branches and subsidiaries.
- Assist with IFRS 9 reporting for Corporate Banking and subsidiaries.
What is the opportunity?
The Corporate Banking Financial Accountant role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious financial accountant, looking to expand their knowledge and experience of Banking, with a particular focus on Corporate Banking.
- Qualified accountant
- 3rd level education - with a strong academic ability.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and implement change
- 'Can do' attitude, with confidence to own and run with initiatives and bring own ideas and perspectives
- Working knowledge of the SAP general ledger and BCS consolidation systems.
- Ideally Big 4 trained / experience in the banking sector.
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Agile - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jul 18, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.