As a Financial Controller you'll work directly with the CEO, heading up the day to day financial activities including but not limited to; preparation of month end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, oversee the management of the sales and purchase ledgers, accruals and prepayments, audits and year end statutory accounts and annual returns.
Our client are an SME Distribution business who form part of a wider, privately owned and acquisitive Group.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions including IT and the Sales Order Processing package
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
In addition to financial reporting, the Financial Controller must be skilled at in-depth financial analysis and providing expert financial perspective and opinions. This includes being proficient in spreadsheet design that is often complex and assisting the Management team in making policy decisions made by executive management.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant who is ambitious and seeking a high level of responsibility. You must be eager to drive change and profitability, and be a good team player and leader.
On offer for the successful candidate is a salary of between £40-45,000, pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday, bonus scheme, free parking on site and 4 x death in service.