Director / Manager, Tax Services
Director / Manager, Tax Services
West Des Moines, IA
LWBJ seeks a Director / Manager, Tax Services to join our team.
LWBJ is one of the Midwest's leading CPA, business advisory and M&A firms. By size, we rank in the top one percent of CPA firms nationwide, and our team brings a wealth of national firm expertise to the table. Our entrepreneurial experience enables us to understand and appreciate the issues facing middle-market businesses and the individuals and families who own them. We deliver a broad range of tax, accounting, consulting and investment banking capabilities to serve them.
Our dynamic and growing business is creating new and exciting opportunities for our team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive tax consulting and compliance experience with a drive to provide exceptional client service. The capability to head complex issues and work on consulting engagements are important. The ability to acclimate quickly to our customer focused and value added environment is critical. Individual must exhibit strong management skills and desire to become a leader in our firm.
Work to include:
- Review and supervision of complex business and individual tax returns
- Maintain, develop and expand client relationships
- Ability to collaborate effectively with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions and cultivate cross-functional relationships
- Initiate new tax processes to create process efficiencies and support ongoing business requirements
- Act as a mentor to junior tax professionals by displaying effective managerial skills, providing performance feedback, on-the-job training, and ensuring responsibilities are consistent with individual skills and professional goals
- Desire to participate in outside business development and community involvement
Candidates must also possess the following:
- CPA License required; Master's in Taxation strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in public accounting with demonstrated skills necessary to ensure high quality client service
- Well-rounded understanding of taxation with a focus on closely-held businesses, S-Corporations, Partnerships, LLCs and individuals with a varying degree of net worth
- Emphasis/specialization in specific tax law area or industry
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
The LWBJ Employee Experience
Our founders came from national firms, but wanted to build more personal and collaborative relationships with clients and staff. And 27 years later, our culture continues to thrive. While roles, responsibilities and expectations are similar to those in other sophisticated public accounting firms, we encourage everyone to work a schedule that fits their needs – with flexible scheduling options, a casual dress code and summertime hours (including half-day Fridays). Travel is minimized. Work-life balance is highly valued. Entrepreneurial spirit is nurtured and appreciated. We are focused on helping our people advance and enjoy rewarding careers. Mentorship and continuing education are provided, as well market leading compensation and benefits.
You’ll be able to engage clients directly and work on the kinds of projects typically handled by national firms – but within a smaller firm setting focused on team-building, employee growth and client success. We not only expect you to become more experienced and successful early in your career, we work to help you accomplish it.