Commercial Manager - Strong Business Development Focus
About the business
Our client employs highly skilled specialists to work in the steel and timber detailing industry for the building construction industry. Reporting to the CEO, the Commercial Manager is responsible for promoting the business and exploring new avenues of activities for quality, consistent and value add opportunities to increase profit margins.
Demonstrating a professional approach with integrity and the ability to promote and expand the company's commercial activities and generate predictable revenues in a way that leads to sustainable company growth with satisfied clients.
Core objectives but not limited to include:
Commercial and Financial Management
- Develop and implement strategy for growth and work with the team on income generation
- Maximise profitability of the business through thoroughly evaluating and recommending service delivery improvements and systems to the highest standards with the leadership team
- Work with the CEO to secure future profitability for the business
Stakeholder Management (internal and external):
- Build and strengthen positive and commercially sound client relationships
- Liaison with clients and ensuring dispatch of all correspondence to the customer and the follow-up of all correspondences and initiatives
- Engage with prospects, as agreed, via telephone calls and visits to make presentations, submit proposals or make pitches to sell agreed services
- Oversee the contracts administration area and liaise with the Contract Administrator to ensure the appropriate staff are fully trained and across project requirements and commercial framework, where necessary
- Solve high level commercial issues and contractual problems, ensuring regulations are respected
Business Development and Commercial Negotiations and Implementation:
- Develop business growth strategies and plans to increase client base, identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Write business proposals
- Senior Sales or Commercial Management experience within construction or a similar industry is considered advantageous;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Staff Management experience, minimum of 5 years'
- Familiar with general structural steel principles and concrete panel construction
- Knowledge of materials, of manufacturing processes and of construction methods and standards
- Be familiar with Australian Standards and Building Codes
- Ability to communicate and work with engineers, architects, tradespersons and clients
- Ability to asses and successfully resolve issues effectively with clients
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
Our client offers a very rewarding and supportive team environment with inspirational leadership and strong vision in a dream location.
Please apply below Job #4B/27164 or contact Linda Hudson on 07 3258 8346 for an information pack.