Financial Analyst, Group Planning & Analysis
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
GP&A have overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, and developing and presenting Group focused financial insight and analysis. GP&A ensure that the Group strategy is aligned to, and embedded in Group financials, this provides stakeholders with highly relevant insight into business performance.
Purpose of the Role
The role holder has responsibility to assist in the delivery of timely & accurate financial planning management information/analysis to support effective decision making.
- Responsibility for delivery of high quality Group financial planning analysis/insights
- Liaison with colleagues in Group Finance, Group Treasury, Financial Services and the Commercial Partnering teams to ensure effective collaboration, communication and insight brought to Group financial planning analysis
- Continuous development of analysis and commercial insight to assist senior management understanding into the drivers of income and profitability in the Group
- Presentation of analysis to management giving powerful commercial insight to enable decision making
What is the opportunity
- Gain insight into the drivers of Group profitability and performance
- Engagement with senior stakeholders across the Group
- To drive and influence decision making across the Group
- 3rd level education - with a strong academic ability
- Part/Qualified Accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Strong appetite/evidence of process improvement
- Knowledge of economics, accounting and banking sector
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets
Agile - Self
Amplify Capability - Self
Champion Transformation - Self
One Group, one team - Self
Customer Focused - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jul 24, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.