A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to play a hands on role filled with variety in this Cambridge based engineering business, with continued development and progression opportunities. The Management Accountant will have ownership of the month end processes and production of the management accountants, alongside driving business decisions in a business partnering capacity.
An established and growing engineering business in the heart of Cambridge who will be able to provide a progressive working environment and facilities. The Management Accountant will sit in an experience finance function who can provide support and development opportunities for the right candidate.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Manage and oversee the end to end stock sales process including sales, purchase orders, freight, ensuring accurate reporting of stock and costs.
- Preparation of daily sales for B2B and crafting events ensuring correct margins are reported.
- Manage the duty and freight process including reconciliation of the duty deferment accounts, allocation of freight invoices and accuracy of commodity codes to mitigate the risk of non-compliance with HMRC requirements.
- Reconciliations of supplier statements with detailed cross checking in payment runs
- Complete all balance sheet reconciliations for the business site
- Ownership of the month end reporting and preparation on the management accounts
- Assisting with the consistent improvement of processes and systems within the business
- Operate in a business partnering capacity, providing financial support to the non-finance teams
- Production of stock analysis, used to drive business decisions
- Assisting with the year end audit process
The successful applicant for the Management Accountant will be:
- ACCA/CIMA part-qualified and actively studying
- Confident user of Excel with exposure to a number of finance systems
- High attention to detail
- Confident in building relationships with key stakeholders within the business
- Previous engineering sector, or similar, experience would be advantageous
The successful candidate for the role will be joining a forward thinking business continuing their growth in the Cambridge market. You will also receive a competitive salary alongside a wide ranging benefits package.