Accounts Semi Senior - Top 20 Accountants!
A growing accountancy practice based near Ashford, has a requirement for an Accounts Semi Senior to join their successful team. The role offers increasing client contact, responsibility and career development with study support on offer for individuals pursuing qualifications.
Based near Ashford this reputable and successful accountancy practice acts for wide ranging clients, across varied industries, not for profit charity clients and others providing services across the range of audit, accounts, tax, bookkeeping, payroll, VAT, management accounts and outsourced accounting and payroll, alongside other specialist services. The firm has a growing department focused on OMBs, up to several million in turnover, partnerships and smaller sole traders where this role will focus. You will join a close knit team, where you will be encouraged and supported to develop your career.
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, companies and partnerships
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation and review of management accounts
- Travelling to client premises as required
- Achieving or exceeding assignment budgeted fees and profits and/or identifying reasons for non-achievement of budgets as appropriate
- Keeping senior management/engagement partner fully informed at all times of progress on jobs, in particular if there is likely to be an unplanned write off
- Carrying out review work on accounts and other assignments prepared by junior team members when required
- Any ad hoc assignments or tasks as may be required
You will have a career background in accountancy practice preparing a mix, or any of accounts, tax, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT services etc for mixed clients to include limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. You will have at least 1 - 2 years experience, or more ideally gained within accountancy practice and be looking to further your career. You may be AAT qualified/studying, ACCA/ACA training, or have developed your career through experience only.
Competitive salary dependent on experience