Lead Senior Accountant
Lead Senior Accountant
- Renowned ASX Listed Financial Services business
- Strong exposure to BAU & Process Improvements
- Exposure to a variety of stakeholders and oversight of the offshore team
A very exciting opportunity has been made available for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to take the responsibility of providing business performance support to the Operations and Group functions. You will take ownership of the general ledger (including core accounting functions, financial control governance) and support 'systems and processes' within one of Australia's most well-known and respected Financial Services organisations.
The aim of this role is to provide Financial Accounting and Financial Control support to the Corporate, Bank and Treasury entities of the organisation.
- Management of the financial reporting processes for the relevant entities in accordance with the reporting requirements, complying with Australian equivalents to International Financial Reporting Standards (AIFRS)
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger data from various sources including divisions and entities
- Ability to review the reasonableness of numeric outputs and apply judgment through experience in working with ledgers, data warehouses, management information systems and report production
- Research and documentation of complex accounting issues, ensuring adherence to Group Accounting policy and its impact on statutory, regulatory and management reporting
- Management of the offshore team and contribution to the creation of a positive work environment characterised by motivation, productivity, learning and accountability
- Acting as a key relationship manager with internal and external auditors, whilst managing the general ledger, reporting and analysis for the organisations entities.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and CA/CPA Qualified
- 5 years + Accounting & Treasury experience within a Bank (Oversea's banking experience also welcome).
- Strong financial accounting experience including comprehensive understanding of accounting standards & accounting principles
- Experience in report production, analysis of reports and providing commentary to senior management
- A systematic worker with strong planning and implementation skills and excellent project management
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening) with an ability to communicate complex and/or financial issues in an understandable manner
If you suit the job's criteria and are interested in the role, please apply to the link or directly to: