Senior Risk Manager - Controls Assurance
In this role your duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Responsible for a portfolio consisting of business units within Business Bank and accountable for relationships with GM's/GM-1 or delegates.
- Ensures assurance and monitoring programmes are aligned to and support the Group Risk strategy and Compliance target areas
- Provide 2nd line assurance over high and medium rated operational risks and compliance obligations
- Provide 2nd line assurance over the delivered risk (i.e. to-be controls) of high rated projects
- Deliver assurance opinion for designated portfolio, working collaboratively with relevant colleagues.
- Influence enterprise leaders to embed risk monitoring & control practices.
- Commitment to co-ordinate, maintain and deliver the annual assurance plan as approved by Divisional Risk and Compliance Committees
- Review all review reports issued to stakeholders to ensure alignment with Risk and Compliance Assurance Manual requirements and delivery of appropriate insight and conclusions.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to General Manager level.
- Identify issue and report trends, including root cause analysist of issues to support input in quarterly General Manager and divisional Risk and Compliance Committee reports.
- Leads, develops and sustains a high-performing Controls Assurance team
- Act as a people leader for team; providing frequent feedback and professional guidance, delivering annual appraisals, ongoing coaching, providing individual career development opportunities.
- Oversees and manages individual assurance activities when necessary, delivering an assurance opinion in final report.
- Leads the external audit and Group Audit relationships to achieve a coordinated and integrated programme of assurance.