The role poses a perfect opportunity for either a graduate or a second jobber to get in a really progressive role and excel within a prestigious and reputable company. The Accounts Assistant role has the opportunity to involve yourself in the month end, analysis and reporting elements of Finance.
The client is a FTSE 250 shipping services provider based in East London that has 4 different streams of revenue. With a presence in over 20 countries and having been established for over 150 years, it's a very prestigious and professional place to work. The company is big on internal growth and as a result, this is a newly formed role and they are keen to add another asset to their ever growing team. If you're looking for a progressive role with a company that invests in you both emotional and temporally, then this could be the place for you.
- Assist in preparation of monthly accounts for group reporting.
- Preparing and posting journals, i.e. prepayments, accruals, intercompany recharges and month end journals.
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, National Statistics Surveys, and the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Investigate material cost variances.
- Intercompany Reconciliations
- Assisting with the weekly and monthly financial trading reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of year end financial statements.
- Monitoring and developing internal controls and systems.
- Liaise with auditors and assist with the preparation of schedules for auditors.
- Identify and support continuous changes and improvements within the business
- Fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- A relatively recent University Graduate with strong academics across their degree and A-levels
- A confident and articulate individual who feels confident to present in meetings with key stakeholders
- Numerate and knowledge of accounting principles i.e. double entry book-keeping/prepayments/accruals would be an advantage but not essential.
- Applicants must be self-confident with good communication and problem solving skills and have experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation.
- Be organised and able to prioritise own workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excel - no beginners, intermediate Excel skills is essential.
- Knowledge of SUN Systems or equivalent and Vision would be an advantage but not essential.
On offer to the candidate:
- A salary up to £25k
- Study Support available after probation
Office hours 9.00am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch
25 days holiday per annum
Occupational pension scheme 10% employer / 5% employee contributions
Interest free season ticket loan
Subsidised gym membership
Free canteen lunch