Corporate Reporting Accountant
An opportunity has arisen for a Corporate Reporting accountant to join the central finance team reporting to the Head of Corporate Reporting.
Leading logistics business, based in Chippenham.
As the Corporate Reporting Accountant you will have responsibility for:
- Planning, co-ordination and preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts, the relevant announcements and the Half Year Report. This involves clear communication and interaction with the rest of the Central Finance team, as well as other internal departments and external service providers.
- Co-ordination and planning of the Group Audit, preparation of information required for audit and monitoring of progress. Interaction with the auditors and liaison with internal finance teams.
- Preparation of Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee and Board papers.
- Planning, co-ordination and preparation of the UK and Ireland subsidiary companies and joint venture statutory accounts.
- Review and interpretation of technical accounting pronouncements and assessment of their impact on Group reporting (management and statutory).
- Provide control, analysis and reporting of other Corporate Reporting areas such as share schemes, pensions, captive insurance company reporting and property provisions.
- Ad hoc reports/projects.
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of statutory reporting process for groups of companies including a plc essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced PC user, especially Excel. Knowledge of Hyperion would be advantageous.
- Up to date knowledge of both IFRS and UK GAAP, plus interested in technical issues/problem-solving. Detailed knowledge of accounting for share schemes advantageous.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work accurately under pressure, plus flexible to the needs of the business during key reporting periods.
Up to £50k + Benefits