Financial Accountant, IT@BOI
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Finance has an excellent Financial Accountant role available for its IT @ BoI business within the Group Technology Customer Solutions (GTCS) Division. IT @ BoI primarily comprises two main streams known as 'Run' and 'Change'. This role is for the 'Change' stream, which is responsible for the implementation and delivery of IT projects across the Group. The team work closely with the Commercial partner team, other Group stakeholders and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities. The outputs of the team are included in both externally published information and in financial information for internal stakeholders. This role will report to the Financial Controller, IT @ BoI
Purpose of the Role
This role is responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely financial information, analysing and reporting on the financial position and for ensuring the operation of a robust control environment around the related accounting processes. The role holder will act as the key point of contact between Financial Services and other internal stakeholders in relation to 'Change', IT @ BoI which will involve working closely with senior members of various GTCS teams
- Delivery of high quality financial and management reporting for 'Change', IT @ BoI and ensuring operation of related controls in accordance with best practice
- Support the production and timely delivery of certain statutory accounts
- Act as the main point of contact for 'Change', IT @ BoI
- Develop strong relationships with both Group Finance and other GTCS stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration on all key deliverables
- Provision of financial and analytical support for ongoing business initiatives and ad hoc requests, as required
- Manage the risks in the local processes, ensuring risks are identified, understood, and actions are taken to mitigate
What is the opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious recently qualified accountant (or part qualified accountant with relevant experience) looking to expand and develop their financial control competencies with a particular focus on the accounting for change projects, IT and costs
Qualified accountant or part qualified accountant with relevant experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines
- Ability to work both as part of a team & on an individual basis, ensuring consistent delivery of results
- 'Can do' attitude, with confidence to own and run with initiatives and bring own ideas and perspectives
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous financial control experience
- Working knowledge of SAP general ledger and / or BCS consolidation systems
Customer Focused - Self
One Group, one team - Self
Accountable - Self
Agile - Self
Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jul 18, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.