Corporate Tax Manager
Purpose of role:
Responsible for oversight of certain jurisdictions within the centralised tax function for the Primark Group based in Dublin
Tax Principles and Controls
- Monitor compliance with ABF Tax principles and the Financial Control Framework.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen controls in key areas impacting tax.
Tax compliance and reporting
- Work with Primark team and external advisors to manage the corporation tax compliance cycle and ensure that returns are prepared, reviewed and filed on time.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved or more efficient tax compliance processes.
- Manage any external tax audits to a successful conclusion.
- Manage the process of tax reporting to ABF for budget, forecast and year-end ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information provided.
- Engage with the group’s auditors throughout the year to ensure they are aware of any tax related issues.
- Ensure that appropriate tax documentation and procedures are in place covering all taxes.
- Manage the preparation and review of tax postings and notes for all statutory financial statements.
- Work with the Internal Audit team on any reviews and implement procedures to deal with any identified risks.
Commercial and external awareness
- Review of all transactions, contracts and new business practices from a tax perspective.
- Build relationships across the business to ensure tax is aware of all relevant business transactions.
- Monitor changes in the tax law and practice across all jurisdictions that may be relevant to Primark and assessing impact of same.
- Engage positively with tax advisors and authorities in all jurisdictions to continue to develop Primark’s good reputation.
- Identify any tax savings opportunities across the group.
- Work closely with ABF Group Tax, Legal and Co Sec to ensure any new country entry is set up in an appropriate manner for the smooth operation of the Primark group.
- Work with the Treasury team to agree appropriate level, timing and type of funding from a tax perspective.
- Work with the ABF tax team on aspects of tax planning involving the Primark Group, including identification of opportunities, developing, recommending and implementing selected projects.
- Review existing policies and ensure they meet best practice guidelines.
- Constantly monitor transfer pricing framework to meet any upcoming changes in legislation.
- Engage with tax authorities on renewal of existing Advanced Pricing Agreements and implementation of new agreements.
- Manage compliance with all existing transfer pricing agreements.
- Working with the financial reporting team to ensure all systems are compliant with local tax regulations and proper books and records are held.
Development of Team
- Development of the team’s overall responsibilities and ensuring that the team meets all requirements and deadlines relating to reporting activities and that processes and controls meet operational standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the tax function is adequately trained and informed.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Big 4 trained with minimum of 7 years’ experience in Tax.
- Proven experience in Accounting and Tax, industry experience an advantage.
- Experience of implementing systems an advantage.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.