Finance Analyst (Part Qualified)
This is an exciting opportunity for an eager self-starter to join a dynamic finance team as a Finance Analyst at a part-qualified level.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting Commercial Finance's work across the organisation working with different Managers and stakeholders.
- Prepare and present timely, monthly management information
- Provide grant and cost analysis as required
- Review and analyse financial information of high value grants made to high risk institutions
- Manage and assist with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process, and ensure that all expenditure is robustly reviewed and tested
- Support the organisation to develop quality operational plans to deliver on department goals
- Trial the organisation to operate in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Support and challenge the organisation to implement suitable and effective internal processes and controls to support robust governance and risk management
- Work with Procurement to drive a professional approach, with an objective of managing "value for money"
- Communicate financial controls, reporting requirements and their benefits to non-financial audiences.
- Support the organisation to develop robust project plans, with suitable budgets, milestones and deliverables
- Provide high quality tracking of financial elements of individual projects
- Undertake financial due diligence on institutions applying for Wellcome funding
- Review, investigate and test grant holder budget applications and models
- Monitor and evaluate risk associated with existing awards, and propose mitigation actions where required (including compliance with our grant conditions)
- Provide full financial service - including accounting, analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, for relevant entities within the remit of the role
Education & Qualifications
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .