Group Reporting Accountant
The Group Reporting Accountant role will take ownership for a broad variety of tasks across the Group Finance function and is an opportunity for someone to build out the tax and treasury functions for the Group alongside significant planned business growth.
Responsible for areas such as:
- VAT & Corporation Tax returns
- Key liaison with external agencies & advisors
- Investor and Lender relations
- Liquidity management & planning in accordance with business investment decisions
- Debt management and reporting
- Ownership of banking relationships and associated activities
- Group Accountant
This role will appeal to someone who has good experience across some or all of the areas listed above but most importantly is looking to invest in their own development and learning; enjoys working across a varied set of activities and is excellent at balancing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, this role will also have direct access to Senior Leadership with regards to Investor/Lender relations, cashflow and investment planning as well as liaison with external stakeholders and as such the successsful candidate will need to be independent, confident and well-presented.
With 40 years' experience, the IRIS Software Group is a leading provider of business critical software and services to the UK accountancy and payroll sectors in the UK. IRIS continues to be a leading supplier to the UK accountancy sector with over 20,000 Accountancy Practices relying on IRIS every day to run their business, and IRIS meets the needs of over 80,000 SMEs through its leading bookkeeping, payroll and HR software solutions, with 14% of UK companies paying their employees through IRIS. The Education division of IRIS also provides software to over 10,000 schools and academies and 51% of UK academies are powered by its PS Financials software.
IRIS are focussed on employee learning and development with a large number of its Finance Team undergoing supported training and clear progression opportunities. For part-qualified individuals training and mentorship will be provided alongside this role.
About the job
- Preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Responsibility for adding/removing entities from VAT group
- Review of annual Corporation Tax returns across the group
- Liaison with 3rd party providers with regards to tax compliance and advice
- Supporting with preparation of Statutory Accounts for all entities
- Management of banking platforms & providers
- Responsibility for adding/removing entities from bank mandate
- Preparation and provision of monthly investor reporting to investor group
- Preparation and provision of lender reporting on quarterly basis
- Supporting tax & treasury activities with regards to newly acquired businesses on an ad hoc basis
- Calculation and submission of quarterly interest payments
- Responsibility for monthly cashflow forecasting
- Responsibility for completion of corporate governance requirements
- Ownership of master group entity structure
- Supporting of investment decisions including significant M&A activity with regards to tax and treasury
- CTA Full/Part qualified or Significant working experience in the areas listed
- Previous experience within Tax and/or Treasury Analyst role
- Evidence of providing a value added service to the business
- Experience liaising successfully with a number of external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and present confidently
- Evidence of ability to work across many competing activities as well as balance priorities effectively
Why you should apply...
At IRIS, we believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. To help with that, we offer the following:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private Medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
Competitive salary and bonus scheme and excellent benefits
Thank you for applying!
If you do not hear back from the Talent team within 2 weeks of an application, unfortunately you have not been successful. Please do look out for new opportunities with IRIS Software Group in the future.