This Management Accountant role reports to the Group Finance Manager and will be assisting the IRIS Group Finance department at a period of significant change and transformation across the next 6-12 months. They will have a mix of responsibilities including the generation of financial information for the IRIS Software Group; integration of new businesses; working alongside a finance & systems transformation and managing audit requests.
Ideally suited to someone who likes to operate in a fast paced environment, is comfortable with change and is excellent at managing priorities and meeting deadlines. The right candidate will have the opportunity to create real impact and create value to both the Finance Department as well as the rest of the business.
The Management Accounting team is based mainly in the Group HQ in Langley but with some team members in other UK locations that this role will need to work alongside.
There are a number of initiatives that have been recently kicked off that will transform the way in which the IRIS Group Finance function will operate going forwards – including the implementation of a new ERP – that will be good project experience for the right candidate.
As a key role within the Group Finance team, IRIS are looking for an individual with strong financial accounting knowledge; a good understanding of systems and data manipulation and an inquisitive approach to management reporting. Specifically experience around IFRS 15, new business integrations, finance/systems transformation and/or large team management would be advantageous.
With 40 years' experience, the IRIS Software Group is a leading provider of business critical software and services to the UK accountancy and payroll sectors in the UK. IRIS continues to be a leading supplier to the UK accountancy sector with over 20,000 Accountancy Practices relying on IRIS every day to run their business, and IRIS meets the needs of over 80,000 SMEs through its leading bookkeeping, payroll and HR software solutions, with 14% of UK companies paying their employees through IRIS. The Education division of IRIS also provides software to over 10,000 schools and academies and 51% of UK academies are powered by its PS Financials software.
IRIS are focussed on employee learning and development with a large number of its Finance Team undergoing supported training and clear progression opportunities.
About the job
- Produce monthly financial information through timely closing of books and performing month-end actions.
- Software Revenue recognition in accordance with IFRS 15 and monitoring deferred and accrued revenue balances.
- Review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for divisional entities.
- Work closely with FD and Business Partner to analyse results and provide meaningful insight.
- Managing annual audit including working with auditors on testing and assisting with preparation of Statutory Accounts.
- Building relationships with other functions and with key stakeholders to enhance collaboration across the business
- Utilization of various systems and data warehouses to deliver and enhance the management information
- Monthly review of actuals versus forecast and budget.
- Share best practice with the finance leads of the other business units
- Support provision of consolidated group Board Reporting
- Integration of acquired businesses
- Supporting in Group-wide systems transformation project with respect to Management Accounting function
- Group Finance Manager
- Group Financial Controller
- Management Accounting Team
- FD’s and Business Partners / FP&A Team
- Operational management (e.g. Professional Services)
- Newly acquired business stakeholders
- Degree educated
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Excellent Reporting skills
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS 15 knowledge advantageous)
- Up to date technical accounting
- Works effectively under pressure
- Ability to meet priorities and meet deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to challenge the current processes and recommend improvements
- Team Player
Why you should apply...
At IRIS, we believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. To help with that, we offer the following:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private Medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme and excellent benefits
Location: Heathrow Approach