The Finance Manager will provide financial advice, analysis, control and support for a business unit and support the commercial activities and initiatives within the business. This is a highly commercial role with lots of exposure to the wider business. Offering a clear pathway for progression within the business.
A well-known and successful manufacturing business, based in York. The business have an excellent reputation and actively seek to hire talented and ambitious individuals - offering ongoing support and development to allow individuals to build strong and progressive careers.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Provide support to the Management team within the business, analysing and interpreting the accounts and other relevant financial information to ensure there is a full understanding of the financial implications of decisions made and that the commercial decision making process is robust.
- Provide proactive commercial finance support to the Business Unit General Manager and management Team
- Provide analysis of new and existing financial data to support Senior Management initiatives and the development of the business
- Working with the Business Unit Management team to ensure margins are maintained by effectively managing costs throughout the delivery of each project
- To prepare monthly profit, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts ensuring a full understanding of the variances is demonstrated and the highlighting of key risks and issues
- To provide effective leadership to the department, managing the development of the team where appropriate
- Be involved in the development of your business unit systems to ensure integrity of financial reports and effective knowledge sharing
The successful Finance Manager will:
- Hold a fully recognised Finance qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Have a commercial mindset
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to confidently challenge and influence key decisions
- Be able to communicate with stakeholders of various levels across the business
- Have a strong knowledge of technical accounting
- Have experience of managing and developing junior employees
- Be ambitious and motivate to learn and progress their career
Salary range £40-£50,000 (doe) plus good benefits