- State Government
- CBD location
- Immediate start
This role falls within a state government body situated in the heart of Melbourne city. This particular body is a major player in encouraging Victorians in taking control of their futures!!
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Perform a range of financial and administrative duties and services in accordance with the Departments established policies and procedures.
- Process accounts payable and account receivable, including purchase order creation and invoice receipting.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end reconciliations, journals, financial analysis and management reporting.
- Process and maintain accurate and complete records for reimbursement claims, expenditure claims, and corporate cards ensuring compliance with relevant policies.
- Support of the contract management process including maintenance of the contract management system and monthly reporting.
- Identify and implement improvements to operational and administrative processes and procedures within the work area that lead to improved reporting and budget management.
- Assist in the review and revision of finance policies and procedures.
- Skills and Experience
- To be successful in this role you will possess:
- CA or CPA with experience in accounting would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of accounting software, with particular emphasis on the use of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchasing modules;
- Undertake projects and ad-hoc work as required.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of the accounts payable and accounts receivable functionAbility to effectively manage stakeholders and build solid relationships.
- Intermediate excel skills.
Plaese apply online if you resonate with this role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Abby Chatterjee in our Melbourne office on 03 9623 6542.