Internship Risk Advisory - Academic year 2019-2020
When you first start out as a trainee at Deloitte Risk Advisory, your key activities will be profound analysis of business and technology issues, but also development of recommendations to improve or transform our clients' business.
Along with the broader team, you’ll lead the way in assisting clients with risk management and risk prevention in their financial and non-financial business processes, technology or operations. It will open a broad world of learning experiences in many different industries and companies. Our client portfolio contains large national to multinational companies, non-profit and public sector organisations.
Within our Risk Advisory department, we have different service lines in which you can do your internship:
Within our team you can apply your analytical mindset and people skills to interacting with our clients and delivering insights on financial statements and systems, while discovering many aspects of business and financial services.
Due to a constantly changing environment, our clients face new regulations, shifting legislation and fluctuating economic and financial risk. Inside this complexity, our compliance professionals thrive on this complexity and instead see all the opportunities it brings with it. With specialist knowledge in different fields, we help clients comply to existing as well as new regulations.
We enable companies within a range of industries to maintain or improve their financial position. Our aim is to ensure the financial success of these companies by managing their money and financial risks.
We help our clients make sense out of the data they have available. We do predictive modelling in order to predict what will happen in the future and see how they can grasp business opportunities from this. If you have an analytical mindset and some technical skills (SQL, R, STATA, C++, Python, etc.), this is the perfect internship to put these assets into practice.
- You'll work on interesting and challenging assignments that inspire you daily with their diversity
- You'll improve or develop management and operational reporting to monitor processes and risks
- You’ll assist in understanding our clients’ current threats, in assessing their current capabilities and in defining a strategy to become more resilient
- You’ll develop both your soft and technical skills as you’re exposed to top specialists who will share their experience
- You'll conduct assessments of operational, financial or business risks in various types of industries
- You’ll expand your network as you work with professionals who will coach you
You know a good opportunity when you see one and you have a talent for spotting potential pitfalls before they become problems.
You have a Master’s degree in
- (Applied) Economics
- Business or Mathematical Engineering
- Banking & Finance
- Financial & Actuarial Engineering
If you’re interested in joining one of the above teams, please apply online and explain your preference for a specific team in your motivational letter together with the concrete timing of your internship.
If you are interested in the above topics and your profile matches what we are looking for; we would like to get to know you better!
- a Master student in (Applied) Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Commercial, Civil or Industrial Engineering Commercial or Computer Sciences or Management;
- a highly motivated and reliable team player with a sense of initiative;
- fluent in Dutch, French and have a solid knowledge of English;
- a critical mind combined with good analytical skills;
- curious in how the business is run.