Accounts and Audit Senior
Type of employment:
Qualified accountant required (ACCA or ACA) with a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience, we are unable to consider candidates requiring work permits. Approximately 50/50 audit and accounts.
To assist with the preparation and completion of accounts (Limited companies, LLPs, Partnerships and Sole Traders) and audit assignments (approximately 50/50) of various sizes, up to £50M turnover, within a busy and prestigious, long standing West End medium sized accountancy practice. Our clients cover a broad spectrum ranging from media, entertainment and sports to property, restaurants and IT.
- You must be a self-starter with the ability and confidence to run audit assignments from planning to completion.
- Ability to direct and organise junior staff on audit assignments.
- Assist in training junior staff.
- Strong technical ability and willingness to provide potential solutions to technical issues.
- You must be able to prepare Corporation Tax computations, including groups. Experience of other areas of taxation would also be beneficial.
- You should be able to consolidate Group accounts, including cashflow statements.
- Experience of due diligence work would be beneficial.
- You will also be expected to deal with accounts preparation assignments, often at short notice and under time pressure.
- Time management skills are essential in order to bring in assignments on time and in budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable dealing with partners, colleagues and clients alike.
- This is a very busy office and flexibility will be expected.
- Computer literacy is an important prerequisite for the role, skills with Word & Excel are essential.
- Experience with Caseware, or any other accounts production packages, is essential.
- The role provides a genuine opportunity, for the right candidate, to progress to a managerial position within 1 to 2 years.