Assistant Accountant- CBD
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an up and coming Assistant Accountant to join the finance team in a well known government organisation.
Based in Sydney's CBD, the Assistant Accountant's main duties will be to support the Finance Manager with daily and monthly accounting processes; including reconciliations, maintaining journals and the preparation reports.
- Assist with high volume Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Maintain journals
- High volume Bank reconciliations
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Preparation of month end Balance Sheet reports
- Preparation of month end financial reports & variance analysis
- Preparation of data for fixed assets
- Assisting in auditing processes
- Cash flow forecasting and assisting in budgeting
- Assist in preparation of FBT and tax returns
- Ad-hoc financial support and requests.
- 2-5 years experience in an Assistant Accountant role
- Be enrolled to complete or currently completing CPA/CA
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with a large ERP system
The right person will demonstrate:
- Exceptional written and spoken English
- Be a team player and demonstrate a good work ethic
- Be a positive individual who fits into our fun work culture
- Is outgoing and aspires to progress in their career
Benefits for the role include:
- A competitive salary and bonus opportunities upto $70k
- Opportunities for career progression
- The chance to work with a fantastic team and exciting industry
If you meet the requirements as stated please apply as soon as possible. This is a 12month contract opportunity with temp to perm opportunities.
For any additional questions please call Gunjan Navare in our Sydney Office on 02 8233 2855
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.