Graduate - Fund Accountant
Hedge Fund Accountant
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 7,000 employees in 45 countries, we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. Citco holds the accolade for being the world's preeminent hedge fund administrator, striking NAVs worth more than twice the assets of its nearest rival and winning awards globally for service excellence and technology innovation. A career at Citco is not just a job - it is an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the role:
As a Fund Accountant you are a valued member of a client centric team that is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of fund valuations that determine the true valuation of client portfolios. You will gain experience across a variety of hedge funds encompassing a wide spectrum of financial products and hedge fund structures while being responsible for multibillion-dollar clients assets.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the calculation and reporting of hedge funds' clients NAV's.
- Liaising with clients in relation to trade issues and/or corporate action issues.
- Daily reconciliation of cash & positions - both listed, unlisted and OTC to Custodian's/Prime Brokers and Counterparty's.
- Verification of fee accruals in the accounting system in accordance with the PPM and/or agreed Fee Budgets.
- Capital activity recording in the accounting system.
- Verification of profit and loss attribution on each NAV.
- Calculation of performance/incentive fees in the NAV and their respective payment.
- Analysing changes in funds' values in relation to broader market fluctuations.
- Accurate and timely completion of the NAV to the client and third parties in line with the Service Level Agreement and the funds legal documentation.
- Liaising with Clients and or Auditors in respect of fund specific queries.
- Review funds details/transactions to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Computing income distributions and reportable yields.
- Provide assistance to team members in execution of daily operational activities.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements and audits as requested.
- Fulfill established departmental fund accounting processing procedures, controls and best practice documentation
- Meet client, investor and regulatory reporting deliverables and deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification in the field of business, finance & accounting.
- Internship / office experience within finance industry desirable.
- Good communication skills - fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Able to work in a team and ability to work under pressure.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package