Senior Network Engineer
Long term contract role to develop and maintain functional and secure networks and troubleshoot and optimise the networks.
Reporting to the Systems Team Leader, specific accountabilities will include project-scoping, design, planning, deployment, and testing functional networks. Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices. Document new network infrastructure and design ensuring efficient and accurate transition to support process to operate and maintain team.
The main purpose of the role is to work as part of the Build & Grow team to support the delivery of new technologies and identify upgrades and automation to current networks resulting in improved performance and security.
- As subject matter expert either individually or as part of a team, scope, design and provide capacity support for the IT network infrastructure
- Provide network design and review services in relation to corporate and call taking and dispatch environments
- Participate in the delivery of change into the IT infrastructure and network environments
- Assist with market procurement process for managing network assets across their lifecycle
- Create network documentation to support change and knowledge transfer
- Analyse problems within the IT environment and provide options on resolution
- Provide second and third level support
Key Skills required to be successful in this role:
- Substantial experience in a large organisation (500 or more employees) supporting 24x7 environment infrastructure
- Extensive/Demonstrable experience working with
- CISCO CCNP Routing/Switching
- CISCO Nexus Data Centre Architecture
- CISCO ASA 5000 service
- CISCO Nexus 7K, 5K
- Virtual private networks, ACLS, IPSEC
- Extensive/Demonstrable experience in routing protocol operation, configuration and troubleshooting (mainly BGP, OSPF and EIGRP)
- Strong knowledge of CISCO Enterprise Core and Access Switching (Nexus 7K, 6500, 4500 series)
- Sound knowledge of security technical protocols, policies and process. Able to install and maintain security infrastructure of CISCO ASA5500's, firewalls, IOS Firewalls
- Strong skills in documenting solutions, systems changes. LLD creation and documentation of already implemented networks
- Excellent knowledge of data centre architecture and virtualisation
- Demonstrated ability and understanding in change management, continuous improvement and delivery implementation
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with capacity to assess and resolve technical issues and initiate improvements
- A strong ability to manage conflicting technical system demands from identification through to resolution
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to break down complex concepts to all levels of the business
If interested please apply by clicking on the link below. Also for a confidential discussion you may contact Ankita Biswas on email@example.com or call on 03 9623 6584.