Assistant Financial Controller
An Assistant Financial Controller to join the UK team, based in Leeds. This role will be responsible for leading the Finance function and will support the UK Financial Controller.
A Global Business Services Company, with the a UK Operation based in Leeds.
The Assistant Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- Supporting the production of accurate consolidated management and financial reporting across the UK group
- Actively support the completion of Financial Reporting requirements including; month and quarterly reporting, annual reports, statutory accounts, oversight of the UK Balance Sheet
- Ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Provide technical and general accounting support to the UK Finance team and wider business
- Constant monitoring of systems and procedures; identify and recommend opportunities for improvement and efficiencies; lead change process as appropriate
- Assist the UK Financial controller in the preparation and review of cash flow forecasting and preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Liaise with US Finance team to ensure understanding and adherence to overall Group policies and procedures
The successful Assistant Financial Controller should be:
Qualified accountant with strong technical accounting skills (Big 4 experience is preferred)
Strong people management skills
High levels of integrity and ethics
Possess energy and positive attitude with a desire to drive constant improvement and change
Statutory accounts exposure
Well organised with excellent attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency
Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in developing strong financial controls and reporting
- Previous US GAAP and SOX exposure
Salary range £50 - £60,000 (doe) plus benefits.