Private Equity Accounting Team Leader
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Accountant Client Service Delivery Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to take a pivotal role in managing and delivering the reporting needs of a highly accomplished global private equity firm through the development of the Accounting Team and of the relationships with the client, auditors and other third parties.
The role will require the successful candidate to review, assist and prepare a variety of deliverables to include audited financial statements, management accounts, the provision of information for tax reporting purposes and ad-hoc reporting for entities administered by the Private Equity department in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards.
- Leading by example: Demonstrating professional judgement and attitude in all aspects of your work to assist in furthering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork and communication enabling the delivery of a first class professional and efficient service
- Communication: Promoting effective communication via individual 1:2:1 and team meetings. Maintaining a strong relationship with the client, auditors, administration team and other Northern Trust departments.
- Accounting Team development: Enabling the development of partners by increasing their technical knowledge and skillsets to allow them to fully carry out their functions through the effective use of the appraisal process, interim reviews, coaching and evaluation of the results. This will include providing and enabling on the job training and ensuring that all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis.
- Organisation of the Accounting Team: Through discussion with the client and external parties (where required), establish concise timetables for all key deliverables. Ensure that these are adhered to by the team and enable proactive communication throughout the process. Identify system and process enhancements for discussion and following approval, co-ordinate the introduction of such enhancements. Prioritise assignments, providing continuous feedback to staff and escalating issues appropriately.
- Technical knowledge: Advising on potential accounting issues and current best practises as well as sharing knowledge, expertise and guidance with both the team and the client. Understand complex transactions and be a point of contact for technical accounting matters across the PE department.
- Pro forma Accounts: The ability to design pro forma accounts as required, ensuring they are in accordance with appropriate regulations/standards and agreed with clients/auditors.
- Account preparation process: Oversee the preparation of the relevant tax information or accounting statements up to and including presentation to the Board of Directors (where required). Ensure that the FRR and LRR calculations for Guernsey licensee entities are completed and that all statutory accounts are filed within the relevant deadlines. Where necessary the candidate will also be required to prepare financial reporting.
- Client reporting: Develop client specific knowledge to facilitate the delivery of ad-hoc queries. The candidate will also be required to attend board meeting and to present financial reporting to the client and board members.
- Other deliverables: Ensuring the completion of accurate complex fund valuations, distributions, calls / drawdowns, management fee and other calculations where necessary.
- Internal reporting: Completion of NT internal reporting as required.
- The ideal candidate will hold an accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA preferred) and be familiar with both UK GAAP or IFRS
- Have an understanding of the Guernsey Company / POI / Partnership laws and possess an ability to keep up to date with all developments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confidence in communicating directly with clients and other senior stakeholders
- Proven people management credentials
- Strong leadership and change management attributes
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Advanced Excel Skills and knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.