Immediate start temporary role - based in central Taunton.
Short term temp, with the opportunity to apply to a longer Fixed Term Contract in the same role.
My client is a well known public sector organisation with an office in Central Taunton.
- To manage & organise time and work efficiently, adhering to deadlines to enable smooth running of the team.
- To ensure the team have the necessary resources and equipment to fulfil their responsibilities effectively.
- To perform the function of accounts payable administrator, redirecting invoices as appropriate to nominated budget managers.
- Assist in the monitoring of the effectiveness of the delegated Budget Managers and seek remedial action in the event of failures in that system.
- To monitor the timely approval of supplier invoices awaiting approval and ensure payment performance is maintained in accordance with the Better Payment Practice Code. The post holder is expected to inform performance against statutory targets and identify any deviations from target performance.
- Assist the Financial Controller on activities relevant to the achievement of the agreement of organisational balances exercises, reconciliation of Intercompany Debtors, Creditors and Income and Expenditure, including discussion and agreement of differences with finance colleagues from other organisations.
- Manage and maintain an accurate recharges schedule for staff secondments/third party funded posts ensuring that related sales invoices are issued on a timely basis.
- To be responsible for the timely and accurate raising of sales invoices in accordance with the recharges schedule, ad hoc requests and maintaining the sales income analysis to support statutory accounts and the regular agreement of balances.
- The Finance Officer will deliver effective reporting systems and proactively support debt collection procedures working with Shared Business Services to maintain up to date debtors listing.
- To provide assistance to budget approvers and to customers and suppliers of both internal and external organisations regarding the coding and payment of invoices, receipting of income, processing of expense claims and payroll underpayments.
- To maintain an understanding of SFIs and procurement processes in order to ensure that order to payment processes reflect best practice.
- To raise payment requests as necessary to meet one-off supplier payments, payroll adjustments and urgent payment requests.
- Providing information and problem resolution to supplier queries, monitor updates to invoices held status and ensure credit notes are requested for disputed items.
- To ensure local cash and cheque receipts are banked and that accounts receivables procedures accurately entered to allocate receipts against appropriate ledger codes and outstanding debts.
- Provision and development of ad-hoc spreadsheets or analysis as reasonably requested by senior finance colleagues to assist with the preparation of financial and management accounts.
- To assist in maintaining the control systems and reconciliations necessary to support the full Trial Balance of the business.
- Administration and adherence to Records Management Policy for departmental records and archiving.
- To carry out other appropriate delegated duties as required.
The successful candidate will be;
- Immediately available to work in central Taunton
- Experienced in similar finance roles.
In return our client can offer an hourly rate equivalent to salaries of between £20,000 & £24,000 per annum, depending on your level of qualification & experience.