Immediate start temporary role with a public sector organisation in Taunton.
This temporary position will be short term (circa 4 weeks) however you will have the opportunity to apply for a longer Fixed Term Contract.
My client is a well known public sector organisation, with offices in Taunton.
They are actively seeking an immediately available, part-qualified Financial Accountant.
- Assess accruals and prepayments ensuring transactions are accurate and supported by evidence for audit scrutiny.
- Advise the business as required on financial control and governance processes.
- Support the wider organisation with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Prepare the notes to the annual accounts and supporting working papers.
- Extract information for internal and external audits, internal budgeting and monitoring processes and other information requests such as Freedom of Information requests and Parliamentary Questions.
- Support the regular cycle of reporting within the team, to Controls, Operations and Executive Committees and to the Board as appropriate.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and support for the finance team as required.
The successful candidate will be;
- Immediately available
- Experienced in financial accounting
- Interested in working on a temporary or Fixed-Term basis in the public sector
- Able to work in central Taunton
In return, our client can offer an hourly rate equivalent to salaries of between £27,500 & £35,000, depending on your level of qualification and experience.