Accounting Operations Manager (Client Expenses)
Client Expenses Accounting Operations Manager, Limerick
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world's leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Based in Dublin and Limerick, Northern Trust in Ireland administers one of the most varied range of products in the Irish Market and forms a vital part of Northern Trust's global presence.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust’s commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards.
Why choose a career in Client Expenses with Northern Trust?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; Client Expenses is part of the wider Fund Administration team which has grown exponentially and we now have over 350 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
- Our Client Expenses team provides expense services onsite in Limerick, Ireland which complement other Ireland based client services such as Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Custodian, and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer customized training to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Administration and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
This is a new position within the Ireland Client Expenses Team that has arisen as a result of a strategic team restructure to support our expanding business in Ireland. It will provide increased control and oversight to the team and the successful individual will be based in Limerick, assisting in leading and managing an established team and ensuring an excellent working atmosphere at all times.
The Ireland Client Expenses Team is responsible for the payment of Third Party, Management, Performance and Directors fee payments along with the calculation and filing of all related tax returns. The team is also responsible for the preparation and review of budgets on behalf of our clients, on a quarterly basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for an operations team including Accountants, Team Leaders and Consultants, conducting the performance management process, establishing goals & objectives for the team, providing feedback and ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all client expenses production processes with a “hands-on” approach. They will also consult with clients and partners ensuring delivery of a first class service and help to identify and develop process improvements, system enhancements and optimise effectiveness within the group and across the department.
The role would suit an ambitious, energetic individual with strong systems, product and process knowledge coupled with the ability to lead, motivate and engage partners. Individuals with previous experience in fund administration, operations or accounting are of particular interest for the role. This role will be of interest to candidates who wish to progress their career in a dynamic, ‘best in class operation’.
- Assisting in the management of the Ireland Client Expenses operational process
- Lead and guide partners, and foster an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Responsibility for accuracy and timeliness across a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters ensuring all SLA, project and audit deliverables are met.
- Drive & lead the review and approval payments and budgets, file tax returns, and ensure all client queries are resolved.
- Maintain unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the departments’ performance with a direct focus on quality, risk mitigation, efficiencies and internal controls.
- Support the implementation of business plans and become involved in small to medium size projects where required.
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff.
Skills / Experience
- Experience in oversight of an accounts payable function for a multi-national organisation is preferable.
- Experience in the funds industry would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving, planning, presentation, leadership and motivational skills are required.
- Proven client management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong PC skills required, notably MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Experience with instilling a strong client service culture in teams is desirable in addition to the ability to represent the business to clients via presentations etc.
- The successful candidate would display ambition, adaptability, positivity, confidence, discipline, approachability, creativity and enthusiasm.
The Employee Experience - Life at Northern Trust
Joining us, you would benefit from a positive work culture, where we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering access to a broad range of workplace support options including: flexible working; emergency family or child care support; professional mentoring; paid volunteering days etc.
Personal and professional growth – a world of opportunity
To support our Global business strategy, we have a number of Business Resource Councils committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and supporting employees in their personal and professional growth. We provide opportunities for networking, mentoring and personal and career development across demographic and geographic groups. These groups are responsible for a broad range of personal and professional activities including, guest speaker thought leadership, elder care, nutrition for children, stress awareness, language classes and religious and cultural celebrations to name a few.
Interested in giving back?
Volunteerism, philanthropy, sound business practices and ethics in addition to a conservation-minded approach to protecting the environment all are integral to Northern Trust’s culture of caring and form the foundation of our corporate social responsibility (CSR). All employees are given 2 days paid leave to volunteer and support. Take a look our CSR report on our careers site to find out more.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.