Financial Accountant Specialist FTC 9M
Financial Accountant- Statutory Specialist
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The Financial Accountant will partner with the Country Controller to manage the statutory preparation for internal Accenture entities with an aggregate turnover of more than €3 Billion.
- Involved in the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements for the UK and Ireland and Holding companies in line with filing deadlines.
- Preparation of supporting schedules and working papers for the annual Statutory Audit
- Preparation of reconciliations between the IFRS and US GAAP Ledgers
- Review and analysis of the Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records
- Drafting of accounting treatment memorandums
- Liaising with auditors, answering queries and providing data as required
- Perform internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley/SAO
- Involved in the accounting for acquisitions and liquidations
- Provide accounting support to the Team Lead/Manager including responses to ad hoc requests
- Meet key reporting deadlines
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standards
- Analytical and computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Word)
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Prior experience of SAP an advantage
- Fluency in English is required
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA, AITI
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a practice environment
- Strong technical knowledge
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.