Senior Financial Systems Accountant / Analyst
6 days left
- Part time
The purpose of this position is to assist in the design and implementation of the core financial system framework, including processes and reporting systems, to enable the team to expand service offering throughout the Group.
An award-winning fund and corporate services to the alternative assets industry from key onshore and offshore jurisdictions in Guernsey, Jersey, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Business as usual
- Interpretation of accounting and administration requirements, design and implementation of solutions to requirements and configuration of the systems to meet the demands of our clients
- Monitoring the progress of tickets raised via the support desk and ensuring reporting lines are completing tickets in a timely manner, keeping client teams appraised of progress
- Application and report testing (System Integration Testing) and reconciliation activities in line with testing strategy
- Communicate clearly with other members of the team and members of the client facing teams, both verbally and in writing, when gathering or explaining requirements, providing resolutions etc.
- Consideration of scalable solutions, and to maintaining a core configuration, with continual group improvements
- To give consideration of development needs for junior team members from findings on ticket reviews and to work with the BAU lead to agree a plan for training
- Act as lead contact for large client migration projects
- Take an active role in the migrations from FIC to FIA, supporting the client teams with data reconciliation, performing data uploads etc. Monitoring progress and communicating with the migration lead, technical lead and project manager
- Supporting with the development, testing and implementation of defect resolution and system enhancements in conjunction with the migration lead, technical lead and project manager
- Gathering of requirements for reports, working with the reporting team, contractors, or independently to develop reports, with a consideration for opportunities to create a core (group) solution which can be rolled out to service multiple clients
Skills, knowledge and expertise:
- Strong technical financial services industry knowledge
- Part or fully qualified in a relevant professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, ICSA or relevant IT qualification) and prior business experience in private equity or real assets
- Advanced PC skills notably MS Office suite (MS Word & MS Excel) as well as a familiarity with programming languages such as VBA & VB Script, SAS and Transact-SQL
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues, clients and business contacts
- Previous working experience with eFront FIA, or with private equity using equivalent systems
- General problem solving and methodical approach
- Genuine interest in technology and systems
- Strong A Level or Degree qualifications
Working with one of the fastest growing fund and corporate services companies, employees can expect competitive packages based on their own and the Group's ongoing performance. From health care to discretionary bonus, there is a wealth of benefits tailored to each location that make up a total reward package.