Senior Commercial Partner, Group Technology and Customer Solutions
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Commercial Partnering Unit has been established to drive the strategic direction of the ROI businesses from a financial perspective and will be the key provider of financial and strategic support to businesses in the Republic of Ireland, to help set and achieve their business and strategic objectives
Purpose of the Role
The role is a senior commercial partner role that will directly partner the Group Customer Services and Group Origination & Fulfilment businesses
- Responsibility for the financial oversight of the Group Customer Services and Group Origination & Fulfilment businesses. Key participant in the strategic decision making process in their leadership teams, influencing and challenging through the provision and interpretation of timely financial information
- Lead the annual budget, forecast and recharge process for these businesses taking responsibility for monitoring and tracking of same
- Establish strong collaborative relationships across Commercial Partnering Ireland, Group Finance and Group Functions
- Embed an environment that embraces innovation and change, delivering cost efficiencies and maximising benefit of available Group Resources
- Work collaboratively with Decision Support and the Group Manufacturing team to deliver the annual budget, ICAAP and quarterly forecasts
- Guide the business on all pricing and investment decisions
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with senior management across the Retail Ireland business, Treasury and Group Finance
What is the opportunity
This role will be responsible for partnering the Group Customer Services and Group Origination & Fulfilment leadership teams, in managing their cost base in line with the Group's strategic objectives, through detailed strategic analysis and forward looking deliverables across their individual functions.
The role requires a high calibre individual with proven experience in fostering and maintaining very strong relationships with stakeholders up and down the organisation.
The role will report directly to the Lead Commercial Partner - Group Technology & Customer Solutions
- Qualified accountant with 5 years PQE or extensive experience gained within a relevant business environment
Essential Skills & Experience
- Effective stakeholder management and communication skills in a dynamic Group structure
- Track record of interpreting financial information to influence and challenge the key drivers of business
- Demonstrated experience in managing and influencing change in support of business objectives
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience of driving for change, with the initiative and courage to challenge the status quo
- Strives to achieve transformation and results by encouraging curiosity, innovation and diversity
- Drives engagement, group values and the group vision to achieve goals
- Empowers their team to contribute their best and maximise their potential
- Creates a culture of accountability, agility and collaboration
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- High energy, bias for results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence
- One Group, one team - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jul 05, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.