Senior Management Accountant
An operational senior management accountant position, with commercial responsibilities at the core. The role is based on a functional manufacturing site, which is also the company's UK Head Office.
A global manufacturing brand on the fringes of Stockport, with turnovers over half a million YonY as an industry leader.
Senior Management Accountant Responsibilities:
- Be a key business partner working proactively with the management team and their teams to drive business decisions and understanding
- To be proactive in assisting across the other areas of finance and the business
- To look for continuous improvement opportunities within the areas of responsibility
- To ensure that controls are followed so that errors cannot occur
- To ensure that all processes under the detailed responsibilities are compliant with company and external rules and regulations
- To ensure business transactions are accounted for correctly and that all financial impacts and implications are recognised
- Ensure business transactions are accounted for correctly and in the correct period for the areas of responsibility and that all financial impacts and implications are recognised
- Responsible for SOX and process adherence for the areas of responsibility
- Assist the Site Director/Responsible(s) allocated in preparing the full forecast and budget process for their site for presentation to the Business Controller, MD and FD.
- Prepare and issue accurate and timely monthly management reports
- Ensure correct and timely monthly accounting and reporting for all areas allocated
- Responsible to examine customer and product profitability for the business for the sites allocated
- Examine all key variances and trends as a % of sales
Senior Management Accountant:
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent with 5 years post qualified experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of three years commercial experience, ideally in manufacturing
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, being especially strong in Excel and Data manipulation
- Knowledge of accounting systems, ideally with costing/ERP experience
Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills especially to non-financial colleagues
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong business understanding
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Ability to produce accurate work and to pay attention to details
- Flexible attitude to work, both proactive and reactive
- Strong personal drive, an ability to make things happen and see things through to completion
- Displays strong team working behaviours and is supportive to colleagues
- Tenacious problem solver with determination to identify, flag and explain root causes of problems and make recommendations.
A competitive salary, generous holiday package, and an early finish on a Friday to name but one perk!