Accountant – Private Equity
Accountant - Private Equity
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Accountant in the Private Equity Team. The team provides Fund Administration and Accounting, Financial Reporting and Administration Services to our clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to work closely with a senior accountant or officer to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
- Preparation of the financial statements for Private Equity Funds and holding companies under the supervision of the Senior Accountant/Officer.
- Ensuring the financial statements are finalised and filed within the regulatory deadlines.
- Working with the client to agree on the quarterly and year end reporting templates, ensuring compliance with relevant GAAPs and regulations.
- Liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries and ensuring a smooth running of the year end and interim audit process.
- Preparation and review of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, BCL and CSSF reports.
- Preparation and review of the NAVs within defined timeframes.
- Bookkeeping and reviewing accounting entries, including restructuring, acquisitions and disposal of investments, under the supervision of the Senior Accountant/Officer.
- Liaison with clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Performing the bank reconciliation ensuring they are completed within the required internal deadlines.
- Liaison with other internal departments such as Transfer Agency, Legal, Compliance, Custody and Company Secretarial as and when required.
- Assist with the capital call/distribution process, including preparation of the relevant accounting batches.
- To ensure investor queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- To ensure all investor static data is accurate.
Requirements (Qualifications and Knowledge/Skills/Competencies)
- Knowledge and experience in Private Equity Fund Administration.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
- Part qualification to a Professional Accounting Qualification would be an advantage but not required
The Employee Experience - Life at Northern Trust
Joining us, you would benefit from a positive work culture, where we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering access to a broad range of workplace support options including: flexible working; professional mentoring; paid volunteering days etc.
Personal and professional growth – a world of opportunity
To support our Global business strategy, we have a number of Business Resource Councils committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and supporting employees in their personal and professional growth. We provide opportunities for networking, mentoring and personal and career development across demographic and geographic groups. In 2014, these groups were responsible for a broad range of personal and professional activities including, guest speaker thought leadership, elder care, nutrition for children, stress awareness day, language classes and religious and cultural celebrations to name a few.
Interested in giving back?
Volunteerism, philanthropy, sound business practices and ethics in addition to a conservation-minded approach to protecting the environment; all are integral to Northern Trust’s culture of caring and form the foundation of our corporate social responsibility (CSR). All employees are given 2 days paid leave to volunteer and support. Take a look our CSR report on our careers site to find out more.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.