Qualified Accountant UKI F&A FTC - 9M
- Responsible for leading a team and for the technical lead role in the UKI finance team.
- Manage the preparation of the month end accounts and reporting including Monthly Close, Quarterly Reviews, BS Reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting.
- Preparation and review of various types of journal entries on a monthly basis to ensure US GAAP compliant and working with local Client Financial Management among other teams to understand business events.
- Review of monthly analytical review on P&L and Balance Sheet including variance analysis explanation.
- Involved in the preparation of the monthly reporting for the UK and Ireland Finance Director on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for co-ordination of balance sheet reporting deliverables including review meetings with the finance Country Controller.
- Ensure that all reports issued are accurate and timely and supported by appropriate explanatory business commentary.
- Manage the relationship with Country Financial Controller and manage the team to ensure the delivery of agreed service in accordance with SLA.
- Review of monthly internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Quarter End reporting to Global Controllership
- Preparation of supporting schedules and working papers for the UK and Ireland Statutory Audit.
- Provide accounting support to the Manager including responses to ad hoc requests
- Involvement in setting up and improving on accounting processes with a view to making them more efficient
- Develop in-depth knowledge of tools and applications in support of General Ledger processing.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Accenture's business.
- Meet key reporting deadlines on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Maximise team performance through target management and motivation.
- Be perceptive to team morale and address any staff issues as they occur.
- Ability to multi task and provide cross team support as required
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Customer focused
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standard
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team worker with ability to coach and motivate team
- Fluency in English
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Large Company statutory accounts preparation experience
- Supervisory experience
- Exposure to UK & US GAAP and previous experience with SAP an advantage
- Proficient on Excel
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.