An exciting opportunity to work within one of the worlds oldest tailoring firms. The Accounts Assistant will provide financial accounting and administrative support for the Finance team.
The company is one of the oldest tailoring firms in the world and is an appointed tailor of Her Majesty the Queen. They have recently undergone growth and are therefore now looking for an Accounts Assistant to fit into their growing energetic financial team located in the West End of Central London.
As the Accounts Assistant, you're key responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring Purchase Ledger invoices received are approved and forwarded to the relevant person for review and approval in a timely manner.
- Processing of invoices and expense forms.
- Validate invoices against PO's and resolve any queries in a timely manner.
- Assist with reconciling cash receipts to outstanding invoices on the Sales Ledger.
- Deal with customer queries on their account.
- Provide assistance in reconciling and posting the various company bank accounts.
- Provide assistance in reconciling the posting the cash takings from the shops.
- Provide assistance with reconciling the various company credit cards.
- Assist with stock counts, reconciliation and valuation reports.
- Assist with other reconciliations/ analysis as required.
- Post all purchase ledger invoices to Sage and prepare payment runs.
- Reconcile supplier statements for all subsidiary companies
The successful Accounts Assistant will:
- Have previous experience in related positions (essential).
- Be a fast learner, flexible and adaptable - willing to do basic as well as higher level tasks.
- Be AAT qualified (preferred not essential).
- Have intermediate knowledge of Excel and Sage.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Successful Accounts Assistant will receive:
- exposure to a wide number of responsibilities
- 40% off in all stores
- Discounted gym membership