Internal Audit Manager
Reporting directly to the Regional Audit Director, the Audit Manager plays a key role in delivering independent assurance over the design and effectiveness of internal controls within the UK&I, EMEA and APAC regions, influencing changes to the control environment so that risk is managed more effectively.
Leading global information services company
This position gives the holder a tremendous insight into all aspects of the business, with high levels of exposure to senior management.
This is a great chance for an experienced auditor to join a truly global team and learn more about the world of our client and this will come with plenty of stretch, development and challenge. So much so that this role is regarded as a means of developing our managerial talent of the future.
Day to day you can expect to be responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Regional Head of Internal Audit in developing the annual Internal Audit activity plan
- Manage ongoing relationships with the key stakeholders, ensuring the Internal Audit activity plan stays up to date and aligned to strategic priorities and key risks
- Developing the scope of internal audit reviews and agree them with management
- Planning and executing internal audits, and when you are assigned the role of 'Lead Auditor', coordinate the audit process with key stakeholders, manage the activities of other internal auditors (local and overseas) assigned to the project, and review the quality of work performed.
- Prepare draft reports reflecting the results of work performed, and agree the findings and proposed actions with the business owners. Present findings to senior managers of the business and the Global Internal Audit Executive management team.
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues where necessary
- Acts as a champion for the concepts of internal control and risk
Around 20% of your time will be spent travelling to a number of our different offices overseas, so this is a great opportunity to raise your profile across a truly global organisation.
We're looking for someone who has audit experience and can bring real passion and personality to the team. You need to be able to translate the world of audit into non-technical language to stakeholders across the business.
Could this role be for you? We are looking for most of the following…
- Degree educated or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven auditing experience in professional services or in house internal audit
- Qualified internal auditor or accountant (either CISA, IIA, ACA, ACCA or similar qualifications)
- The ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders, bringing gravitas to the role to gain buy in from senior management
- You will have a commercial and pragmatic approach to governance and change and will be a great problem solver proposing new and innovative solutions!
- Ability to travel to our overseas offices - around 20% of your time will be spent travelling to our offices across the globe!
You will get a competitive base salary, continuous professional coaching and development, as well as offering a working environment full of bright, high potential individuals.