Excellent opportunity for an ambitious and driven finance professional who's aim is to work within an high-calibre, global business. The European Accountant will be working closely within the European markets in both a reporting and business partering capacity. You must be flexible on travel as the expectation per annum is 25%.
Our client is based in the Wiltshire area and is a global brand with a reputation for innovative excellence within their respective field. They are well known for hiring the best candidates in the market and offer state of the art training and development.
The European Accountant will:
- Perform Month End close for the Markets to prescribed deadlines with no material misstatements.
- Lead the month end P+L meetings and periodic Balance Sheet review with key internal stakeholders highlighting risks, opportunities and areas of focus.
- Establish understanding of performance drivers for the month and follow up as required, investigating all variances and issues.
- Prepare and distribute all Month End reports, insightful and informative commentary & KPIs in line with the FCoE/Market SLA.
- Ensure knowledge of markets both from a controls and commercial stand point are maintained.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the markets (local in-market Commercial Finance teams).
- Safeguard company financials via application of accounting policies and guidelines.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations to high standard and in line with deadlines.
- Support the preparation of annual Statutory Accounts and Tax submission.
- Support the year-end external audit requirements and any deliverables.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the markets (Commercial Finance and Group Finance Teams).
- Review and update Customer Board Pack commentary and metrics, ensuring it is relevant and informative to drive valuable discussion.
- Support on Cash flow forecasting and analysis of working capital.
- Work at the same pace as the business, understanding any changes impacting them and effectively addressing / embedding them in a timely manner.
- Fulfil any other ad hoc responsibilities as directed by the Regional Finance Manager.
The European Accountant will be:
- Qualified Accountant (PQE 1-3 years)
- Degree level education or equivalent (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Ability to organise and prioritise in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced IT skills - Microsoft, SAP, OneStream
- Proactive approach with great problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated to achieve results
- Proactively highlights and progresses solutions for issues identified
- Good team player: capable of working effectively with finance and non-finance managers
- Able to travel (up to 25% of role)
Competitive basic + bonus