Finance and Administration Manager
Nexus is a key network and finance partner working to make low-carbon clean energy and WASH solutions count toward the Global Goals. We are based in Southeast Asia and collaborate with partners around the world to create and deploy innovative financing tools to scale locally-driven solutions.
A diverse range of organizations are improving people’s lives in the face of poverty and climate change. At Nexus, we connect award-winning organizations with world-leading businesses, donors and investors, inspiring and funding change that maximizes sustainable development outcomes.
At Nexus we support continuous learning and professional development, offering a robust in-house knowledge base on carbon finance, foot-printing, fund management, innovative finance, sustainable development, networking, capacity-building and sustainability strategy.
Since being formed in 2009 by an alliance of development organizations, our expertise has evolved to offer a range of technical and financial services that support the growth and impact of our members and partners. Nexus currently has 20 members who are central to the work we do.
Nexus engages with several international actors:
- Development practitioners (Social enterprises, NGOs)
- Private sectors companies and corporates, investors and donors
- Researchers, policy makers and international standards and associations
For more information, visit http://www.nexusfordevelopment.org/
Join our team!
The Finance and Administration Manager is expected to drive best practices across all finance and administrative management activities within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. This position will report directly to the Executive Director. They will assume responsibility for the development and implementation of more efficient and effective finance management tools, support the team with the relationship management of donors, investors, borrowers, and administration.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Through the following activities the Finance and Administration Manager will contribute to the long-term sustainability of the organization, support timely and high quality reporting to donors and Nexus’ Board of Directors, and support the organization’s growth ambitions.
The position is based in the Nexus Phnom Penh office (Cambodia).
1.1. Manage financial planning, monitoring and reporting
- Assist with annual budget preparation for the leadership team and Board of Directors’ approval
- Ensure efficient monthly monitoring and control of expenses and revenues
- Monthly and quarterly budget reporting to the Executive Director and team
- In coordination with the Executive Director and team leaders, preparation of Board of Directors monthly and quarterly financial reports (actuals vs. budget, P&L, Balance Sheet and cash projections)
- Cash flows and projections preparation and reporting to the Executive Director
- Completion of the Nexus annual statutory audit in Singapore
- Review and enhance existing financial controls and procedures
1.2. Funds Management Support
- Coordinate annual audit and annual return filing for the funds
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and coordinate with the fund administrator to ensure compliance
- Responsible for relationship management with external fund auditor, fund administration, and banking relationships
- Prepare all required quarterly fund reports for investors, donors, and other stakeholders
1.3. Accounts payable and receivable:
- Manage accounts payable & receivables processes (including preparation of vouchers and invoices) and bank reconciliation systems
- Production of Aged Analysis Report
- Responsible for all payment collections - follow-up on all unpaid and overdue amounts
1.4. Treasury Control
- Develop a strong understanding of the Treasury Control System. Responsible for monitoring, identifying enhancements, and ensuring the consistent application of accounting policies and procedures
- Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliation
2. Human resources
- General support to Nexus’ team members with the recruitment process when needed (e.g. job postings)
- Review and upgrade of existing administration controls and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that the organization is compliant with all Ministry of Labor laws
- Prepare monthly payroll and tax submissions
3. Administration management
3.1. Oversee general administration
- Management of office IT needs and requirements (including the purchase of new hardware and software)
- Manage the relationship with the information technology contractor and other IT service providers
- Liaise with the Cambodian government, including oversight of Memorandum of Understanding applications and annual reporting requirements with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of the Environment
- Support the Executive Director with compliance with relevant local regulatory requirements, including KYC & AML banking requirements in Singapore and Cambodia, and Charity Portal reporting in Singapore
- Management of Nexus’ tax filing and reporting obligations to the Ministry of Economics & Finance
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, donors, carbon clients and investors’ requirements (including AML/KYC).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration/ Finance, MBA a plus
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in similar role; ideally will have prior work experience with an international organization
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, specifically MS Excel and spreadsheet development
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks online
- Fluent in Khmer and English with communication skills are required
- Good negotiator and problem solver
- Ability to work independently and contribute as a team player
- Strong relationship management skills (i.e. must be able establish good working relationships with relevant government departments in Cambodia)
- Experience in carbon finance / climate finance / NGO or non-profits a plus
- Detail oriented
- Willingness to learn
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
- Adaptive, patient, resilient and flexible
- Able to multi-task with a hands-on approach
- Highly responsive and proactive
- Strong time management skills
- Role Title: Finance and Administration Manager
- Position Profile: Financial management, human resources, and administration
- Unit: Operations Team
- Direct supervisor: Executive Director
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Term: Unspecified duration contract with ideal commitment of 2 years full-time or 5 days/ week.
- Remuneration package:
- USD 18k – 22k. Family allowance (small increase for children under the age of 6 if applicable).
- Training allowance and health, work accident insurance provided.
- 40 days of annual leave including public holiday period.
Please note that only complete applications that address the above mentioned responsibilities, and opportunities in their application submission will be considered.