Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
A brand new FP&A role in a growing distribution/manufacturing company based near Leeds, the FP&A Manager will be involved in the set up of the function. The role is pivotal in setting the annual company budget against which company performance is measured and reported.
A growing SME distribution/manufacturing company based near Leeds
Reporting in to the Finance Director, the FP&A Manager will prepare financial forecasts for the company, as well as associated financial and commercial analysis in order to understand and drive financial performance. The role is pivotal in setting the annual company budget against which company performance is measured and reported.
Key duties and responsibilities
Prepare short and long term financial forecasts, including:
- Detailed cashflow forecast
- Weekly cashflow reporting to Group
- Short term working capital forecasts, with particular focus on stock
- Long term P&L and balance sheet forecasts (up to 24 months ahead), ensuring alignment with forecasted cash position
Prepare the formal annual budget, against which the company will measure performance:
- Balance sheet
Present forecasts and budget to senior management for review and approval.
Engage key stakeholders across the business to understand and interpret performance and identify risks and opportunities versus forecast/budget
Support stakeholders in managing their cost base and optimising margin, by providing insightful financial analysis to help them understand and drive better performance, including:
- Identify cost and income drivers and how they impact on the P&L
- Analyse and report on operational efficiency measures
- Prepare sensitivity and scenario analysis to support operational and strategic decision making
- Customer profitability analysis
- Margin analysis and pricing support for the sales team
The FP&A Manager will need to be/have:
£45-50,000 p/a plus benefits