Description of business unit
Group Risk provides strong independent oversight and management of the Group's credit, market and operational risk strategies. We have responsibility for credit risk management information, credit & market risk underwriting as well as strategic oversight and management of challenged portfolios.
Purpose of the Role
Manage an assigned portfolio of accounts by contacting customers and agreeing repayment arrangements to regularise their accounts.
Respond to customer contact and solicit all pertinent information to resolve the out of order issue.
Deliver the objectives of UK Collections and BU specific campaigns Support the implementation of key initiatives to deliver improved efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining professionalism and accuracy at all times.
- Ability to negotiate with customers in difficult circumstances.
- Willing to accept demanding workloads and schedules and remain positive under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills when managing internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of managing customers especially ones with deteriorating financial positions.
- Ability to work within a team and to support colleagues.
- Understanding of and adherence to the Lending Code while working with customers in financial difficulties.
- What is the opportunity?
- Manage an assigned portfolio of customer accounts by proactively contacting with a view to returning their accounts to a performing position and to identify a sustainable solution to address their current arrears situation (e.g. agreeing repayment arrangements to regularise their accounts).
QFA desirable but not essential
Essential Skills & Experience
- Prior experience of working in a collections or direct customer contact environment.
- Understanding of the Collections and recovery process and environment.
- Previous experience working in a busy inbound phone team.
- Evidence of experience performing complex administrative functions.
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Understanding of Credit Cards / Loans
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Prior experience of working in a collections, recovery or direct customer contact environment.
- Good knowledge of financial accounts & risk indicators and a broad understanding of the wider business lending environment.
- Experience of negotiating with external professional representatives and legal advisors.
- Performing complex, ancillary administrative functions.
- Customer Focused: Self
- One Group One Team: Self
- Agile: Self
- Accountable: Self
- Manage Risk : Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Jul 01, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.