Compliance Manager (Travel and Expense)
Manager – Travel and Expense Compliance
The T&E Compliance Manager is the link between the T&E Compliance organization and the local affiliate and serves as a key contact point. The Manager is generally someone with a strong understanding of the business and finance processes. In general, his/her main responsibilities related to the T&E Process is as follows:
- Facilitate and establish documentation to support the compliance reviews of travel and expense submissions with the objective of ensuring the company’s policies and external regulations (where applicable) are addressed appropriately during claim submissions.
- Support day to day operations, ad hoc reporting and guidance of team member’s in addressing daily operational issues.
- Ensure resources are utilized appropriately, performances are maintained and organizational goals/objectives are accomplished
Key Responsibilities (Leadership focused)
- Defines compliance monitoring protocols and works closely with the Affiliate Compliance teams (Pharma, DIA, DC) in highlighting key areas for improvements and supports the execution of the Compliance review activities pertaining to policy updates/changes
- Reviews/Prepares monthly or ad hoc communications to affiliate(s) to address key performance indicators (e.g. number of claims reviewed, cycle time, reason of claims returns)
- Provide guidance and ensure proper closure of all escalations from team members.
- Establish annual objectives / goals in collaboration with the HOD to ensure resources are utilized appropriately, performances are maintained and organizational goals/objectives are accomplished
- Promote a working environment and leadership that encourages personal development and process improvement. Develop staff and their career goals; leading teams to execute on operational targets
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer/on boarding for sustainable development and sharing of best practices within the team
- Ensure quality and accurate delivery of services within agreed key performance indicators (KPIs) and as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and SOPs of the respective business sub-processes.
- Team engagement activities - Assist and drive initiatives which are related to enhancing team engagements – i.e Team building etc
- Provides coaching of Analyst on daily operations and workload management
- Resource Planning -Provide accurate data and information on all resource planning initiatives
Key Responsibilities (Operational focused)
- Responsible for establishing compliance checkpoints/checklist of travel and expense reviews, against the Company’s Policies, Procedures and External regulatory requirements.
- Plan, manage and monitor the delivery of services of the in scope entities managed by the SSC
- Conducting random T&E review’s on a spot check basis on team’s support of the T&E compliance activities.
- Participate in compliance program, projects and other ad-hoc tasks assigned by manager.
- Escalates issues and recommended resolution plans in a timely manner to the SSC line manager and affiliate (where required)
- Prepare reports and training material on a periodic basis to address updates process changes and re-training or onboarding of new team member’s
- Ensures the accuracy and reliability of the KPI Dashboards and automation reports used to support the Compliance review process
Who you are
- You should have a minimum of 10 years of working experience in recognized, accounting firm, multinational company's compliance, Finance or internal audit function with strong interest in compliance and a minimum 5 years of people management or leadership experience
- You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
- Degree qualification in accounting/commerce and /or professional qualification (e.g. CPA, ICAA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Demonstrates good communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- Strong presentation and analytical skills is very critical to the role. Ability to effectively communicate, influence and lead both with and without authority is vital.
- Demonstrates good judgment in identifying methods and techniques to support the compliance process.
- Demonstrates problem solving and sound decision-making skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently under pressure.
Who we are
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. Roche Diagnostics is committed to create a great place to work for its employees and in 2015 we have been accredited as Regional Best Employer Asia Pacific by Aon Hewitt. Individual Best Employer Awards were awarded in Singapore, Korea, China and India.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.