Financial Reporting Manager
2 days left
- Full time
About The Role:
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting in Guernsey, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a financial reporting group, including conducting the performance management process. Responsibilities will include: Establish goals/objectives for section and monitors to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all related tasks, including accounts review of London Listed funds within the FTSE250. Consult with clients and partners on effective ways to meet needs, translating into actionable steps. Develops and monitors process improvements and systems enhancements for the section. Will be responsible for developing ‘early warning’ tools to identify process failures and to improve quality percentages.
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external) year on year as part of a team
- Responsible for the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of all interim and annual financial statements allocated to your team, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements for clients.
- Monitor the accounting operation process to ensure 100% quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the section.
- Guide staff in the resolution of non-routine and complex client reporting issues.
- Committed and working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- To conduct Partners in Performance Development Reviews for team as required, and to be proactive in the development and training needs of self and team.
- Responsible for all employee related administration duties for people employed in section.
- To recruit, select, manage, motivate and conduct probationary reviews all direct line reports.
- Seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the business group
- Produce on time accurate detailed appropriate management information reporting and analysis
- Attendance and presentation of accounts at Board meetings.
- Assist Head of Financial Reporting in managing the outsourcing oversight of work delegated to other NT offices, including reviewing accounts produced by the delegate, chairing oversight calls and on-site due diligence visits.
- Must have proven experience in a management role acquired through working in the fund administration, asset management or securities operations, or audit industry.
- Ideally will hold an Accounting Qualification or be qualified by 5+ years’ in a finance role (Financial Reporting experience preferred)
- Proven track record in the detail review of financial statements, from primary statement and notes through to detail corporate governance reporting.
- Detailed knowledge of offshore funds administration preferably for London listed main market funds.
- Working knowledge of the Guernsey regulatory regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc. Ability to instil a client services culture amongst staff
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via presentations, RFP responses etc.
- As a manager, jointly manage the ongoing success of NT Guernsey - Identify solutions to problems across all areas of the business and work jointly with other managers to implement them.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades! https://www.northerntrust.com/united-states/about-us/accolades
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.