Lead a Revenue Accounting Team to ensure that a high quality service is provided. Interpret figures and information and contribute to preparation of the Council's annual budget.
My public sector and government client is based in Buckinghamshire and going through a period of change seeking support of a Senior Accountant with experience in local councils for a 12 month temporary role to provide an efficient and effective finance and accountancy service.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Accountant:
- Interpretation of figures and information
- Provide management accountancy support to directors so they can carry out budget monitoring responsibilities
- Preparation of final accounts closedown and Council's Statutory Accounts in accordance with guidelines
- Manage the audit process
- Prepare grant claims, statistical and statutory returns, financial analysis and performance indicators
- Manage staff in the Revenue Accounting Team
The successful Senior Accountant:
- Recent experience in a local authority (essential)
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Extensive in depth knowledge of local government finance and accounting (including account closure)
- High level of competency in MS Office (Excel)
- Use of Integra system preferable
For the successful Senior Accountant there is a 12 month negotiable daily rate role in a public sector and government organisation going through a transition.