New Commercial Accountant / Commercial Finance Manager role for an acquisitive and expanding market leading company in Dartford. Reporting to the FD, this role will be a real development opportunity for the right candidate.
My exclusive client is a £250m division of a larger group of companies. They are involved in construction / engineering activities across utilities, telecoms and other services. Rapidly expanding, the Group has doubled in turnover int he last 2 years, and are set to continue this growth through further acquisition and expansion.
The Commercial Accountant / Commercial Finance Manager will enjoy a broad and varies role. The company is at the start of a journey in its development and expansion, and so the remit will be ever developing.
Primary responsibility will be to support the Finance Director in the commercial and strategic activities of the business, and will include:
- Preparation of the accounts for the local division
- Consolidation of accounts across the wider business
- Utilisation of strong excel skills to provide in depth analysis, reporting and accounts preparation
- Building budget packs
- Running the accounts through in house systems and Excel, until the implementation of Oracle is completed.
- Analysing job mix and client mix to ensure activity is commercially focused on good margins.
- Building metrics and analysis for the business to review.
- Becoming involved in business planning and discussions
- Supporting another member of staff in their own development locally, as well as others across the wider business.
The ideal candidate for this role will already be a commercial accountant, and will be able to provide useful insight.
As the company is expanding, there is a good chance that this role will develop into a bigger role within the division, as the FD looks to build an element of succession planning into the organisation.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) and have strong Excel skills.
A commercial outlook is essential, as is experience of consolidating management accounts.
You must be a self-starter, with good ideas and a great detail.
Experience within construction, engineering, facilities management, telecoms or utilities businesses would be potentially advantageous
Basic salary of up to £60,000 + car allowance + pension + healthcare + bonus potential