Finance Analyst, AIS Team
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Accounting and Information Services is a function of the Finance Services model responsible the delivery of core accounting processes in accordance with Group policy. The Intercompany team is responsible for the elimination of the Group's intercompany accounts.
Purpose of the Role
In partnership with financial control and external reporting, the Intercompany team actively manage the Group's intercompany accounts ensuring that operational targets are achieved. An opportunity has arisen on the team as one member has been promoted internally and will be taking up a position in a different area.
- Ensure the timely elimination of the Group's intercompany balances.
- Ensure the accuracy of journals posted to the General Ledger.
- Investigate and reconcile differences between intergroup trading partners.
- Liaise with the Team Lead and ensure all issues raised are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide financial and analytical support as required by ongoing business initiatives.
- Develop positive working relationships with Financial Control and other key stakeholders across the Group.
- Prepare intercompany disclosure notes and quarterly regulatory returns to the highest standard and within challenging deadlines.
- Ensure that all documentation and procedures are accurate and up to date.
- Work to continuously improve on current processes with a lean frame of mind.
What is the opportunity
You would have the opportunity to work on a very diverse and agile team. Gain an insight into the Intercompany elimination process. Our team have considerable interaction with other business units in the Finance function which provides good networking openings.
Part-qualified accountant with strong academic ability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a financial environment.
- An ability to understand complex issues, with proven problem solving skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to plan, co-ordinate and deliver to tight reporting deadlines.
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible team player, who will promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives across the team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- SAP exposure/experience.
- Ability to develop, build and maintain effective working relationships
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a drive for change and efficiency
- Desire for quality with strong attention to detail
Customer Focused - Self
Agile - Self
Accountable - Self
One Group, one team - Self
Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 21, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.