Finance Manager / Senior Accountant – Private Equity Real Estate
- Global Real Estate investment manager
- Qualified accountant with 5-7 years of experience in a real estate fund required
- Based in Shanghai
A global private equity real estate business is looking to recruit a Finance Manager/Senior Accountant for their Shanghai office to support the firm in providing the accounting, financial and management information for Greater China. The position will be based in Shanghai, working closely with a regional Fund Controller and local Fund Manager.
- Full support on transactions and deals from an accounting and finance perspective
- Provide transactional and analytical support to acquisitions, fund managers and asset managers on real estate transactions in the Asia Pacific region, with a focus on Greater China deals
- Involve in capital structuring and tax planning for acquisitions & restructuring.
- Review and analyse financial results
- Co-ordinate and liaise with JV partners, fund managers, asset managers, investors, outsource accounting & tax agents on finance, reporting & tax matters, liquidity and cash-flow management, queries on portfolio’s performance & financial forecasts
- Review and report monthly cash positions. Ensure optimal cash management by property holding subsidiaries
- Assist in the annual external audit and tax, corporate secretarial compliance
- Assist in loan administration and ensure adherence to loan covenants
- Take responsibility for accounting & reporting for the Greater China portfolio
- Maintain/oversee the maintenance of accounting records
- Payments, wire transfers processing & daily cash flow management
- Assist in the annual external & internal audit
- Assist with tax, corporate secretarial compliance, fund compliance/corporate governance matters
- Implement and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Client reporting; assist and review with fund consolidation and reporting to investors on a quarterly basis (as assigned)
- Assist client/Fund Managers with investors’ requests & inquiries on financial and accounting information.
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance from a reputable University
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5-7 years of working experience in a real estate investment manager in China
- Big 4 Audit experience and consolidation experience is preferred
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese is a great added advantage
- Technically strong in financial reporting and accounting standards (China GAAP, IFRS)
- Client focused, confident and have integrity
- Organized and meticulous and yet inquisitive and competent in posture
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in the Asia Pacific region including liaising with JV partners, asset managers, outsource agents, bankers, auditors and consultants.
To apply for the position please send your CV to email@example.com.