Interim Management Accountant
Look after all aspects of management accounting in this role. You need to be a self-starter and an experienced contractor.
My client is a well known business in the entertainment industry and is based in Guildford.
- Monthly revenue accounting ensuring Revenue is recognised in line with accounting policy and reconciled to the balance sheet (trade debtors, deferred Revenue, Accrued Revenue)
- Preparation of partner invoices in line with contracts
- Reconciliation of partner accounts and delivery costs
- Ensuring the accuracy of the company's underlying books and records including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable & Fixed Assets.
- Completion of the month end process in line with group reporting timetable and policies
- Writing management accounts commentary, explaining the key items within the financial statements and significant variance to Budget & Forecast
- Preparation of month end workings file to provide a robust audit trail to support the accounts
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Input towards the preparation of annual budget and monthly forecasts process
- Preparation of UK VAT returns
- Assist in the preparation of UK statutory accounts
- Assist in monitoring cash flow / cash flow forecasts
- Assist Financial Controller as required
- Sage (50 or 200) must have used in recent roles
- Advanced Excel (pivot and Sage data extractions)
- Excellent basic accounting knowledge- understand how management accounts fit into statutory from system
- Accurate and attention to detail essential
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA or QBE
- Experience of preparing management accounts within an SME is essential
- Hands on
- Excellent communicator
The chance to work for a well known business in Guildford and earn a competitive day rate up to £275 per day.