UKI Finance and Accounting Senior Specialist accountant - 9 Months
Job Title: UKI Finance & Accounting Senior Specialist – 9 Months
Level: 8 - Associate Manager
- Team and technical lead in the UKI Finance & Accounting Team.
- Assist in managing the relationship with Country Controller and manage the team to ensure the delivery of agreed service in accordance with SLA.
- Ensure that all reports issued are accurate and timely and supported by appropriate explanatory business commentary.
- Manage the preparation of period end accounts and reporting including US GAAP Close, Quarterly Reviews, BS Reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting.
- Ensure the integrity and US Gaap compliance of journal entries and support internal and external audit reviews.
- Staff and day to day team management of sub- teams within the UKI Finance and Accounting team
- Manage and participate in the General Ledger processes including:
- Reconciliation and analysis of accounts
- Month End Review, Process & Reporting
- Internal Controls (Sarbanes Oxley)
- Other ad hoc reporting
- Responsible for account preparation including monthly analytical review process.
- Responsible for co-ordination of P/L and balance sheet reporting deliverables including review meetings with the finance country controller.
- Review of accounting entries to ensure compliance with US and UK GAAP, ensuring correcting entries are raised as appropriate.
- Review and analysis of account reconciliation for inclusion on monthly reconciliation pack / audit pack.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects within AEE Dublin.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of local tools and applications in support of General Ledger processing.
- Maintain a high service level with customer base and consistently satisfy customer in a ‘metrics focused’ organisation.
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects.
- Maximise team performance through target management and motivation.
- Be perceptive to team morale and address any staff issues as they occur.
- Co-ordinate completion of all UKI Internal Controls.
- Facilitate and provide cross team support as required.
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Customer focused
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standard
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team worker with ability to coach and motivate team
- Fluency in English
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
- Corporation Tax experience an advantage
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Large Company statutory accounts preparation experience
- Supervisory experience
- Exposure to UK & US GAAP and previous experience with SAP an advantage
- Proficient on Excel
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.