UKI Tax Assistant Manager
Job Title- UKI Tax assistant manager
Level- 8 - Consultant
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s Global businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The successful candidate will have tax reporting & compliance responsibility for the UK and Irish operating entities and will report to the Country Controllership Statutory Manager. The primary focus of the work is US GAAP Tax Reporting, local country tax compliance and reporting, and managing the data requirements for local country tax audits. The individual filling this position will be expected to develop detailed knowledge of the tax regimes within his or her scope of responsibility.
- Preparation of tax provisions as part of both the year end US GAAP and local Statutory process for UKI operating entities of the Group.
- Preparing tax computations for a range of Irish and UK subsidiaries, filing relevant tax returns and dealing with any Revenue queries.
- Responsibility for planning and managing the statutory and tax compliance timetable for the UKI entities in line with Accenture’s internal policy deadlines.
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records and internal financial controls
- Responsibility for the preparation of the year-end UKI tax package for submission to the Global tax group as well as answering queries and providing data as required.
- Calculation of the UKI Effective Tax Rate on a quarterly basis.
- Preparation of the Tax forecast on a quarterly basis for review by Country Controller.
- Responsibility for managing tax compliance process for acquisitions and liquidations.
- Develop and manage the relationship with country controller and the Global tax Group.
- Detailed review of monthly statutory and tax reconciliations
- Involvement in setting up and improving on processes with a view to making them more efficient
- Facilitate and provide cross team support as required
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
- Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
- Qualified Accountant and/or Qualified Tax Professional
- Detailed knowledge of tax legislation and current Revenue practices
- First class numerical and technical analysis skills
- The ability to interpret and understand financial and business information and make the associated recommendations for action
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines
- Ability to manage a broad and varying portfolio of work
- IT skills particularly with regard to data analysis and presentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A logical and organised approach to work
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Accuracy and timeliness
- Investigative ability/aptitude
- AlphaTax and SAP experience an advantage but not essential
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.