Description of business unit
The Group Compliance function sits within Bank of Ireland Group Risk and is responsible for ensuring appropriate second line oversight of financial crime risk, conduct risk, operational risk, data protection risk and regulatory risk (including regulatory change and compliance risk). Our purpose is to be a trusted advisor providing guidance and challenge, enabling informed business decisions, and our vision is to be an enduring source of strategic advantage.
Within Group Compliance, the Prudential Compliance team is responsible for oversight of regulatory risk. The team keeps stakeholders informed of upstream regulatory developments, provides advice and guidance to regulatory change programmes, maintains compliance universes for the Group's licensed entities and is developing a framework for the management of prudential compliance risk. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Lead with a focus on prudential regulations.
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Prudential Compliance team within Group Compliance to be at the forefront on enhancing our approach to second line oversight of prudential compliance. You can expect widespread exposure and engagement with senior stakeholders across the Group with responsibility for managing prudential risks. It's also a chance to gain valuable insights into how the Group manages technical and continuously evolving prudential requirements. You will be supported by experienced colleagues on the Prudential Compliance team and through collaboration with specialist Risk professionals across the Group.
Purpose of the Role
As a member of the Prudential Compliance Team, the Compliance Lead will support the Team in delivering on its core objectives:
- To improve the management of prudential compliance risk through the development of compliance frameworks.
- To maintain awareness of and advise management of upstream prudential regulatory developments (laws, rules and standards), that create new or amend the existing regulatory obligations of the Group.
- To support Business colleagues on the implementation of prudential regulatory changes
- To maintain prudential compliance universes for the Group's licensed entities
- Support the Prudential Compliance team in the development and delivery of compliance frameworks
- Develop knowledge to an advanced level of banking regulations and compliance risks facing the businesses we support
- Identify and assess relevant compliance risks and support the development of an improved control environment for those risks
- Advise and support businesses on the implementation of regulatory change programmes and improved risk management practices
- Develop strong , positive relationships with critical internal and external stakeholders including industry bodies
Relevant professional or third level qualification, (e.g. risk, compliance, audit, business, legal or finance) and/or relevant business, advisory or assurance experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in Risk, Compliance, Legal, Finance or Audit roles within Financial Services industry
- Ability to deal with both the 'big picture' and the very detailed information found in regulations, codes, technical standards and guidelines.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Experience of working to challenging deadlines
- Ability to challenge customers in an open and constructive manner while maintaining effective relationships
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret information or standards
- Interested in developing knowledge of regulations that apply to the Group
- While not essential, technical knowledge of prudential risk regulations would be an advantage.
- Manage Risk- People Manager
- Amplify Capability- Self
- Agile- Self
- Accountable- People Manager
- One Group, One Team- Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Jun 27, 2019.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.